How To Up the Odds of Your Startup Gaining Success

With so many amazing resources out there to take advantage of these days, it’s never been easier to make your dreams of starting and running your own business come true. However, making a lasting success out of that business is a lot more challenging. Around 90 percent of all startups ultimately fail, so it’s important to understand what sets the other 10 percent apart.  Here’s how to increase your fledgling business’s chances of making the cut.

Know Your Market

Although there are lots of reasons a new business might ultimately fail, the most common reason by a landslide is a lack of understanding in regards to the market. Successful businesses make amazing products that consumers not only want to buy, but that is genuinely useful to the people who buy them. Before you launch your business, make sure you know who you’re marketing to, as well as how your products or services can help. What problems does your ideal customer have, and how will your company help solve them?

Leave Nothing to Chance

Having an amazing product idea and a stellar team of experts in your corner isn’t enough if you’re serious about making a success of your new business. Startups that prove to be sustainable over time start with airtight business plans that cover every possible base, so you’ll want to start there as well. How detailed is your business plan? Have you delegated every responsibility to someone on your team, including marketing, financing, and customer service? Small oversights can quickly turn into major issues, so never simply assume that any kink will simply work itself out.

Master the Art of Bouncing Back 

Every business has its ups and downs. Yours will as well no matter how prepared you and your partners are for every possibility. That’s why resiliency, flexibility, and resourcefulness are such important traits for an entrepreneur to have. As many experienced business owners will tell you, a large part of success is tied up in how you recover from setbacks. Be prepared to reevaluate your business strategy as needed so that you can come back from unexpected issues stronger than ever.

While it’s true that the great majority of startups do have to close their doors eventually, it’s important to remember that success is not impossible. It’s largely the result of careful planning, unshakeable persistence, and the ability to go the distance when the going gets rough. Do you and your team have what it takes?

SHARE IT: LinkedIn